Reaching your first PPC campaign maybe like a horrifying task, we have come up with a guide holding why and how PPC can append a value to your marketing efforts.
The most general and primary PPC tool is Google AdWords that’s referred often. You can go for other available platforms also that can be employed for PPC advertising, and the basic theory of PPC can be applied all across the other platforms also.
What is PPC Advertising?
Now, firstly we will get to know what exactly PPC is.
Well, Pay Per Click (PPC) advertising is widely searching engine marketing along with Google Adwords that’s commonly employed platform for the PPC campaigns.
To showcase the most related advertisements to users, PPC uses keywords that depends on their searching queries. This means that you hold the capability to take your product in front of your proposed buyer who knows what they are looking for and after you get your link clicked, then only you pay. This is why the name is kept, pay per click. Literally, you pay only for the clicks your products get. This lead to a higher conversion rate and better-qualified leads.
There are a few important terms with which you will be required to familiarize yourself before you move to the working of PPC advertising.
The quality of your advertisement is introduced by your Quality Score. Actually, the score depends on lots of components, like the relevance of the ad, the quality of the landing page, and the click-through rate as expected. In fact, the keywords are also mapped on a scale holding points 1 to 10, in which 1 is meant for the lowest score. So, the overall rank of your ad will decide the quality of your ad.
The Ad Rank takes the decision of the position of the ad. It also depends on the bid amount, the quality score, and the presumed influence of the elements of other ad elements like extensions.
The highest amount that we wish to pay for a per-click is Bid Amount. Three bidding approaches come from Google Adwords namely:
- Cost Per Click (CPC)
- Cost Per Acquisition (CPA)
- Cost Per Impression (CPI)
The extra information of business is showcased by Extensions as text ads, like a call to action. In fact, for example, you can append a mobile extension to embrace your phone number permitting the customers to view your ad on their mobile devices to click on your phone number and call directly from the advertisement.
Search Network Ads
These are text which employs particular keywords to describe the product or service. When a Google search is done by a potential customer for words or phrases that either meet or lie close to the keywords, the ad may then appear on alongside or above the list of natural search results. The green ad marker recognizes PPC ads, which we can see next to the URL. With the target of conversions, Search Network ads could be viewed as your tough sell in PPC.
Display Network Ads
Display network ads can wear any formats, like rich media, text, images, or video. These become visible on the websites which become a part of the display network of Google. These ads are not similar to search network ads, in which they are seen on the websites with the akin content. These ads are more about brand awareness and can be counted as a soft sell. While using the display network, CPM bidding approach is much useful as we will be paying per 1000 impressions in comparison to per click.
How to do PPC Advertising?
- Firstly, you are needed to rise with a list of about 20 to 30 keywords that are most relevant according to your product services.
- Then, narrow these to 4 to 8 related keywords.
- Once you have all relevant keywords in your grip, you will then require to make your campaign ready in Google Adwords, and build ad groups within the campaign. This group will hold a similar ads group and keywords that you want to publish.
- Later, a budget is assigned to the campaign. The bidding process will start after the ads become all set.
- On your website don’t forget to associate your advertisement to the apt landing pages, as this will lead to improved quality score. The quality of the SEO affects directly the quality score. The better the quality of the keywords in the website, the higher will website rank organically, that will in turn help in winning the bid. You may take SEO as homework that you need to accomplish, to optimize AdWords campaign.
- You will be demanded to run some of the tests to conclude the best performing keyword of the list. You would be required to narrow the list of the keywords to about 4 to 7, highly related and specific keywords. As a result, you can lead to a higher bid amount on these high performing keywords, which will enhance your advertisement rank, a little more.
- A continuous testing process is PPC, so you should keep appending the new keywords to the list to be sure that it holds highest performing and the most related keywords. Test, analyze, and repeat.
Benefits of Using PPC
Now, we will put forward the benefits that you may get by using Pay Per Click. Let’s get started:
The budget that you have to decide can be as low and as high as you want, there is no decided opening amount to take a start with PPC.
Unlike traditional advertising, you have the caliber to track the performance of ads by analyzing their metrics.
If the performance of your ad doesn’t meet your expectation, then you can adjust them and try something new, until you find what suits the best to your business.
As you can notice, when performing right, PPC is like win-win for all who concern. The advertiser becomes able to attain their targeted audience, the user is offered with the relevant and helpful content while the search engine becomes able to offer a nice user experience for both the parties. So, please don’t forget to comment below with your thoughts or any relevant query.